Taubman National Survey Finds Clothing, Gift Certificates Top Holiday Wish Lists
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich.
Clothing and gift certificates top this year's holiday wish lists, according to a just-released national survey.
The survey, conducted on the Web sites of Taubman Centers, Inc. shopping centers throughout the country, found that:
* About 41 percent of those interviewed named clothes as the gift they most want this year.
* Gift certificates were the No. 2 gift choice, with 37 percent of the vote.
* 13 percent named "something for the home." * 9 percent said they hoped for toys, games or hobby items.
Respondents on the East Coast were the only ones to prefer gift certificates (39 percent) to clothing (30 percent). The East Coast also recorded the highest percentage of people who most wanted something for the home (19 percent) and toys, games or hobby items (13 percent).
How do people go about letting friends and family know what they want for the holidays? They speak up, according to a companion Taubman Web site survey, which found:
* Most people (53 percent) tell gift-givers exactly what they want instead of dropping hints.
* 19 percent said they hint about what they want. * 28 percent reported they'd rather be surprised.
Taubman Centers (NYSE: TCO), a real estate investment trust, currently owns and/or manages 31 urban and suburban regional and super regional shopping centers in 13 states. Taubman Centers is headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.
MAKE YOUR OPINION COUNT - Click Here
SOURCE: Taubman Centers, Inc.
Contact: Karen MacDonald, Director, Communications of Taubman Centers,
Inc., +1-248-258-7469, or email@example.com